Race Day Schedule & Information packet-race-day-instructions
Race Day Schedule
- 6:30 AM to 7:45 AM: Race Day Registration/Packet Pickup
- 8:00 AM: Kids’ K Start
- 8:20 AM: Handcycle/Wheelchair 5K Start
- 8:30 AM: Run/Walk Race Start.
- 8:45 AM: Post Race Party to follow the race.
For the safety of the runners, no pets please.
Location & Parking Directions
Location: MacGregor Park; 5225 Calhoun Rd, Houston, TX 77021.
- On race day do not use MacGregor Way since it will be closed starting at 6:30am. Use Old Spanish Trail (OST) from Highway 288 or Interstate Highway 45. Take Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and use the entrance onto S. MacGregor Way on the east side of the park.
- Limited open parking is along S. MacGregor Way and MacGregor Loop Drive in the park.
- For the safety of our participants, only official race vehicles (permit required) will be allowed to enter MacGregor Park from Calhoun after 6:30 am, and no vehicles will be allowed in or out of this parking area after 8:00 am and until all runners are off the course and the roads are reopened by security and race officials.
- Overflow parking is available in the neighborhood west of MacGregor Park by entering the neighborhood from Old Spanish Trail at Blythewood. There are some “No Parking” areas in this neighborhood. Please respect all “No Parking” zones.
This USATF Certified 5K (TX08023ETM). A very fast course, gentle turns. The end of the course ends in MacGregor Park on the running trail.
Water will be provided along the course, as well as at the start and finish areas.
- Awards shall be presented to the Overall Male & Female and 1st Place Masters Male & Female. In addition to a custom made award tile, each will receive $100 CASH!
- Age Division prizes will be awarded to the following 1st through 3rd place Male & Female finishers in the following categories: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 and Older.
Post Race Party
There will be plenty of family friendly activities available at the post race party. Please feel free to stick around for a while for food, beverages, cupcake decorating, art projects, and our famous Egg Hunt.