November 4, 2017 – Race Day Schedule
6:30 A.M. to 7:45 A.M.: Race Day Registration/Packet Pickup
8:00 A.M.: Kids’ K Start
Egg Hunt and Kids’ Activities immediately after the Kids’ K
8:20 A.M.: Hand-Cycle/Wheelchair 5K race start
8:30 A.M.: Run/Walk Race Start
~8:45 A.M.: Post Race Party to follow the race.
For the safety of the runners, no strollers or pets please.
Location & Directions
Location: MacGregor Park, Houston, TX, 5225 Calhoun Rd
Houston, TX 77021
- This USATF Certified 5K (TX08023ETM), single loop course is fast and flat.
- Water will be provided near the start/finish area along the course.
- A pdf file of the course map can be found here.
All runners will be treated to a post race party featuring food, soft drinks and beer after the race. Special kids’ activities, including our signature “Egg Hunt”, are also featured.
- On-line at https://runsignup.com/Race/TX/Houston/Alexs5K or
- Download and mail your completed registration form and check (must be received by November 02, 2017) to Alex 5K, c/o Bayou City Road Runners; PO Box 66196; Houston, TX 77266-0196.
- Hand-Cycle/Wheelchair participants registering online will be prompted for inclusion in this division during registration process. Mail-in entries specify by writing “hand-cycle” or “wheelchair” division on form.
- Register in person at Packet Pick-up (see dates, places and times below)
5K Entry Fees
- Early Bird Special until September 5, 2017: $20.00
- Early Registration until October 14, 2017: $25.00
- Standard Registration (October 15 – November 03, 2017): $30
- Late Registration (November 04, 2017, Race Day): $40.00
- Registration discount of $3 available to all active HARRA members and PIM participants.
- Note: Since this course is in a flood plain, the event may have to be modified or canceled due to weather. There will be NO REFUNDS.
Kids’ 1K Fees
- Early Registration Through November 03, 2017: $15
- Late Race Day Registration (November 04, 2017): $20.00
- Register online here
Mailed registration forms must be received by November 2nd, 2017.
Packet Pick-up and Late Registration:
- Wednesday November 1, 6PM to 7:30PM: At Memorial Park Running Trail Center (on the northwest corner of Memorial Drive and West Memorial Loop Drive), N Picnic Ln, Houston, TX 77007 (directions) MAP
- Friday November 03, 12-6PM: Fleet Feet Rice Village, 2408 Rice Blvd, Houston, TX 77005 (directions)
Race Day Packet Pickup/Registration: MacGregor Park, November 04 (6:30-7:45 AM)
- Awards shall be presented to the Overall Male & Female and 1st Place Masters Male & Female. In addition to a custom made award tile, each will receive $100 CASH!
- Age Division prizes will be awarded to the following 1st through 3rd place Male & Female finishers in the following categories: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 and Older.
- Hand-Cycle/Wheelchair Division prizes TBA.
RRCA Texas State 5K Championship Awards
RRCA will award the top performing runners in the open, masters (40+), grand masters (50+), and senior grand masters (60+) categories for both men and women.
Door prizes for Race/Walk participants to be announced
If you would like to donate a door prize for the race, contact Rosie Schmandt at email@example.com
Race Day Photography – TBA
If you have additional questions, please contact
Race Director, Lara Allen at : firstname.lastname@example.org